Sunday, May 26, 2013

Update of Josh's life

This is my first blog ever and I am super excited to be able to show people how God is working in my life through it.

Life coming up to summer

   My life in the months leading up to now has been busy with finishing school, working and getting ready for this summer. Before I could officially graduate in May from Colorado State University - Pueblo (CSU-P), I had to complete the portfolio for the Practicum that I did with Young Life. I was able to complete and give it to my adviser by the last week in April. Therefore, I am done with school for good.

Also, I was looking for a job that would get me to summer, and I found a position at Glen Eyrie, in their Event Service Position. It took them a few months after my first interview with them to decide if they would be able to hire me as they were going through some department changes and things, but they did end up calling me in for another interview and hired me even though they knew that I was going to be leaving at the beginning of May to go work with Journey Quest for another summer. The two months that I was with them was a great time and enabled me to be able to serve God in a function that I may have done before in different settings, but never for that length of time. Below is a photo of the beauty that God allowed me to work in before summer.

 

Summer Life

My summer will once again be spent on the Arkansas River with Journey Quest. I am excited to see how our staff will be God's ambassador's to each other and to all the people we have to come out on trips with us. As a non-profit ministry all of the staff are working as volunteers. This being said we are not working here for the profit that we could attain working with another company, but it is our heart's desire to see God work in people's lives through the use of adventurous journeys. We have 3 new awesome people joining us for the summer and they are Ryan, Amy and Ben. Below is a collage of our 2013 staff.


Our living quarters for the summer have greatly improved since the last several years. Ben, Ryan and I are living at Steve's house, which is very spacious. He even has a hot tub! The ladies are in an apartment on the Anderson's property.

Our Bedroom
A view from the deck
The last two weeks have been spent training our new guides as well as taking a few trips with guests. Our focus this summer is going to be on building community with our staff as well as making Christ known to all the people whom we have opportunity. 

Prayer is something that we are going to need a ton of this summer, without it our ministry will flounder. Please pray for our staff that we will bond together as one body in Christ. Also for our staff to remember that in whatever challenge we are faced with that God is at the center of our lives and that He will provide. For safety as we guide people down the Arkansas River. That God will work miraculously in the lives of people who come through our doors. There can always be more, but this will do for starters.
 
 
Journey through the Royal Gorge

If you wish to know where I am or send me mail or find out more info on Journey Quest see below.
Journey Quest
Attn: Josh Shannon
27077 Highway 50 Suite 4
Texas Creek, CO 81223

www.journeyquest.org

No comments:

Post a Comment